Friday, October 8, 2010

What is in the Works?

In the past several weeks, I have been amazingly busy working on freelance projects and internal projects that I have wanted to pursue for a long time. I have been lucky enough to have several ongoing identity projects, which are some of my favorites to work on. I have also kept up with my sketching and some yet to be posted updates on a website project I have in the works. Several of these are just snippets of posts yet to come, with more details!

As it seems to be with many freelance clients, a few have gone one for months as they are redefined and refined. The first logo concepts are for a product that I worked on while at a contract position for a children's production/animation company.




These needed to reflect a carefree/playful attitude mixed with some 1960s colors and themes. An interesting mix of concepts and imagery to work with.

The next set of logos are also concepts for a new product that is still on the down-low at this point. Many of these represent several rounds of concepts as the theme was changed and redefined as something visual came into the works. There ended up being a wide range of approaches on this one. A huge thank you is due to my friend and fellow designer/art director Fred Le Bail for sitting with me and running through some great ideas, styles and concepts.









I have also been working on my One Piece One Week concept which has ended up being for a realty company I named "3-Step Realty" in Providence Rhode Island. I am really excited about this one and will post more designs as I have them completed. I have the logo, letterhead and business cards well under way! Stay tuned for more details.




As busy as my days can be, I try to keep up with my personal sketchbook. I managed to do a drawing at Split Rock Lighthouse during a family vacation up north.



I also made it to a session of the figure drawing Co-op at CVA. It is open to anyone for $10 on Saturdays from 1:00-3:30 and is a great way to draw various poses of live models. It was great to return to the art school mentality and expand another part of my creative mind. I will say that figure drawing has never been my strong point but I love the challenge and the quiet retrospective the time offers.




Finally, through some illustration and careful typeface choices, I have been working on a very special piece for my family. I am only including some details at this point as the final will have to wait to be seen until our new family member arrives sometime in November.





I am keeping busy as the weeks tick away and have a few things in the works. I am excited by all of the new work and chances to create some new designs and illustrations. I also keep up on my photography and will be starting my own photo blog in the next couple of weeks. Stay posted on my work and progress on some of these pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment